We all like to do the New Years resolutions thing, but let’s face it, there some resolutions that we, as lawyers, simply shouldn’t make. They’re a waste of time. Let’s just get them out in the open and save everyone a lot of heartburn:
1. I will stop procrastinating.
2. I will do a better job of tracking my hours. I might even buy an app for my phone that will assist me in this resolution.
3. I will stop drinking every night.
4. I will start exercising.
5. I will volunteer for that legal aid society thingy.
6. I will stop giving work to the hot paralegal/associate simply because he/she is hot.
7. I will start writing that brilliant novel that I know is in me.
I realize this post called for 9 resolutions, but I waited too long to write it and now I’m past my deadline.
Post image via Shutterstock.