The U.S. Federal Trade Commission recently updated its guidelines regarding disclosures related to endorsements and testimonials.
We here at Bitter Media Inc. not only want to comply with these federal guidelines, but also want to tell you how we are able to fund our regular publication of free legal humor:
- We sell ads to vendors of products and services that we think our readers might find valuable.
- We sometimes run Google Ads at the bottom of our RSS feed.
- We use text links for which we are paid or are “affiliates.” These affiliate relationships pay Bitter Lawyer a small commission when readers buy from our affiliate vendors after following our affiliate link. Our paid links or affiliate relationships include: Amazon, Commission Junction, FreshBooks, Chrometa, Thesis Theme, Headways Theme, Law Business Revolution, Avvo, text-link-ads, 37Signals, Time59, Market Leverage, Receptionist.org.
- Bitter Lawyer never reviews or endorses products or services in exchange for compensation. While we occasionally review products and services offered by our paying advertisers, those reviews are never promised as part of an advertising relationship.
- We sometimes review products after receiving a free sample of that product (software, hardware, books, etc.) We disclose those free review products in our reviews.
- We also directly sell some products and services of our own.
If you have any questions or comments about our compensation disclosures, feel free to contact us.